IslandsDaily
Aqualectra promises stable power supply by OctoberPhoto: Extra Curaçao
CommunityCuraçao

Aqualectra promises stable power supply by October

Source: Extra Curaçao·2 hours ago·Curaçao·1 min read

Aqualectra, Curaçao's public utility company, has announced that stable electricity supply will be guaranteed by October, according to its current work schedule. The company says all machinery problems are expected to be resolved by that time. At present, Aqualectra is facing what it describes as a 'firm capacity' problem, meaning the grid lacks sufficient reliable generation capacity to consistently meet demand. This has contributed to the power outages and instability that residents and businesses on the island have been experiencing. The announcement signals an expected end to the ongoing electricity crisis, though customers will need to endure continued disruptions in the weeks leading up to October. No specific details were provided about which machines are being repaired or what caused the capacity shortfall.

Key Facts
  • Aqualectra says stable electricity will be guaranteed by October 2024.
  • The utility is currently dealing with a 'firm capacity' shortage in its power generation.
  • All machinery problems are expected to be resolved according to the company's work schedule.
Enjoyed this story? Get the daily digest free.
Read original articleSummary translated automatically · Source: Extra Curaçao

You are leaving IslandsDaily. The article will open on the publisher's site in its original language — your browser may offer to translate it.

More from Community · Curaçao

All evacuees from High Fens wildfire allowed to return home
Community

All evacuees from High Fens wildfire allowed to return home

Belgian and German authorities have lifted the final evacuation orders issued in response to a wildfire that broke out in the Belgian High Fens (Hoge Venen) nature reserve. Officials determined that conditions had become safe enough for all displaced residents to return to their homes. The High Fens is a large moorland and peat bog region straddling the Belgian-German border, making cross-border coordination between the two countries necessary during the emergency. Wildfires in this ecologically sensitive area are particularly destructive due to the dry peat, which can smolder underground and reignite. The lifting of all evacuation orders signals that firefighters have brought the blaze sufficiently under control. Residents who had been forced to leave their homes can now return, marking a significant step toward recovery for the affected communities.

Key Facts
  • Belgian and German authorities lifted all evacuation orders related to the High Fens wildfire.
  • The High Fens is a cross-border moorland and peat bog region between Belgium and Germany.
  • All evacuated residents have been cleared to return to their homes following the all-clear.
Source: Nu.cw·42 minutes ago
Read story Read original article Summary translated automatically · Source: Nu.cw
Three Dutch nationals killed in Ohio traffic accident
Community

Three Dutch nationals killed in Ohio traffic accident

Three Dutch nationals were killed in a traffic accident in the U.S. state of Ohio on Tuesday. Four other Dutch nationals were injured in the same crash. The incident marks a tragic loss for the Netherlands, with a total of seven Dutch citizens directly affected. While details on the cause of the crash have not been specified in the available reporting, the severity of the accident is notable given the number of fatalities and injuries involved. Authorities in both the Netherlands and the United States are expected to be involved in coordinating next steps for the victims and their families.

Key Facts
  • Three Dutch nationals died in a traffic accident in Ohio, USA on Tuesday.
  • Four additional Dutch nationals were injured in the same crash.
  • A total of seven Dutch citizens were involved in the incident.
Source: Nu.cw·4 hours ago
Read story Read original article Summary translated automatically · Source: Nu.cw
Police receive over 500 tips in search for identity of mystery man
Community

Police receive over 500 tips in search for identity of mystery man

Dutch police have received more than 500 tips from the public as they continue their investigation into the identity of a man known only as 'Lucky,' who has been hospitalized in Amsterdam for three years without being able to identify himself. The man suffers from a condition that has left him unable to communicate who he is, making the case a prolonged and unusual mystery. Authorities launched a public appeal for information in hopes that someone might recognize him and help establish his identity. The large volume of tips suggests widespread public interest in the case, though it is unclear how many leads have proven useful. The investigation remains ongoing, and police continue to work through the information submitted by the public. The case has drawn significant attention in the Netherlands and beyond, including in the Caribbean Dutch communities.

Key Facts
  • Police have received over 500 public tips regarding the identity of a man called 'Lucky' who is hospitalized in Amsterdam.
  • The man has been in the hospital for three years and is unable to reveal his own identity.
  • Authorities issued a public appeal for help in identifying the mystery patient.
Source: Nu.cw·4 hours ago
Read story Read original article Summary translated automatically · Source: Nu.cw